Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

I had such a fun time making this!!

I am currently hosting a Moleskine Journal Swap.  There are a total of 10 fabulous artists participating, each with a journal and a theme of their choice.  The journals make their way around the world, stopping each month with a new person.  When we wrap it up in November, we will each have a journal filled with fabulous artwork based on our chosen theme.  I am so blessed by the group that we have.  Each is incredibly talented.  The themes are so creative and fun and each artist puts their own fabulous spin on them.

I just completed a spread for one of my very favorite artists.  Her style just makes me happy!  I really wanted to do a good job and create something that would give her as much joy as she gives me.  In the process, I had so much fun making this.  I love the way it turned out and hope to do more things like it in the future.

She described her chosen theme this way...

"Okeedokee, my theme is "in the kitchen". It can and in a perfect world would include any number of the following:
anthropomorphic food or talking flatware, etc
a drinking housewife
anything 1950s vibe
a recipe (no desserts or other sweets please)
rotten children
things not quite right - cat sitting in frypan on the stove, kid in oven, giant eyeball in cookie jar! etc
Think odd, fun, satirical, silly, drunk foodie."

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Amy! It's so fabulous, I'm sure she's delighted beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Helen! i hope so. i had an absolute ball making it. now i just need to find some more projects to do in this style. so much fun!

    ReplyDelete