Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Watercolor play and Honeymoon help.

It seems like I've been working on a lot of projects lately that I can't share.  Secret family projects, magazine submissions, private commissions have been at the core of my work lately.  One thing I have been enjoying in between all of those has been my experiments with watercolors.  I have always been intimidated by them but I'm having fun playing and learning more about how they work and how to use them.  I'm so thankful for YouTube videos and Pinterest pictures that allow me to learn more about it.  I am definitely a visual learner and can learn more from a picture or by simply watching someone else do something than I can from all the written directions or verbal instruction in the world.

I've been posting the ACEOs that I am making in my watercolor practice for sale on my Facebook art page ( Amy Weaver/The Weaver's Hand on Facebook ) I love the feedback and interaction from the people who are viewing and enjoying my cards and as always, I love the special requests and suggestions that challenge me to try different things.

All the money I'm earning from these is going into a fund to help my daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law have a Honeymoon weekend.  Their wedding is going to be very much a DIY event as money is so tight for all and a Honeymoon would be an impossible expense for them.  Their desire is simply a weekend in a bed and breakfast in the beautiful Texas Hill Country and if selling my little cards helps them reach that goal I'm thrilled to help.

Here are some of my favorite finished cards.  I'm so thankful to everyone who has liked, commented and purchased my cards.  









No comments:

Post a Comment