Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Still trying to get this piece just right...and working on another.

Okay...so I'm still working on this heart piece.  I posted to a group I belong to on FB for Mixed Media artists to get some feedback on what it still needed.  The one thing that was mentioned the most was contrast and shadows to define the detail better.  I put the project aside for a day or two while I prayed for inspiration on the best way to achieve that.  I was finally able to add the shadowing and increase the detail.  I'm still not sure if I have enough contrast.  I'm posting it again for feedback.

The piece itself is already spoken for and the new owner has a picture she'd like me to incorporate into it.  Until I have that, the piece will have to wait to be finished.

Any thoughts on the direction its taken?



I also have a second project in the same style that I'm working on for a donation to a local non-profit for a Silent Auction fundraiser.  I like the way it is turning out.  Right now I'm trying to determine what text to put with it and perhaps a way to frame the design or add a little interest to the background.

What do you think?



4 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I still haven't tried the technique, but need to soon. Looks fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im really having fun with it! i have so many little things that ive been saving for just the right thing and this is it! i cant wait to see what you do with it.

      Delete
  2. Michelle TurnipseedMarch 31, 2014 at 12:17 AM

    Wow Amy! you are so amazingly talented! Truly!!!!

    ReplyDelete