Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Old Doubts-Renewed Faith

So I'm so excited about this class and another that I'm currently taking and I'm thinking of all the ways I can use the new skills, the projects I can create and then...the old voice of doubt chimes in.  "Are you kidding?  Did you look at the work of some of these other artists?  You cant do that...not even close.  You dont have that kind of talent.  Your work will just look like an amateur or a child made it.  You are such an idiot for thinking you could ever do anything like that!"  Just as my hand started shaking and the wonderful visions of all the future art I want to make began to fade once again God reaches out to me through the radio and another favorite song.

Oh,what I would do to have
the kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown
Where Jesus is,
And he's holding out his hand

But the waves are calling out my name
and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
time and time again
"Boy, you'll never win,
You you'll never win

But the Voice of truth tells me a different story
the Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
and the Voice of truth says "this is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth
from Voice of Truth by
Casting Crowns

I have to believe that God has me on this path for a reason and I choose to listen to the Voice of truth!  I will trust in His vision, His ability, His inspiration working through me.  I am human, weak, flawed and nothing without Him.  With Him, I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment